Thursday, September 17, 2009
Memorable College Experience
Even though my college career is just beginning, I have already done many things that I know I’ll remember for a long time. I never in my life thought I’d end up playing racquetball, but now… I am! The first time I saw someone in one of those little glass rooms I thought wow, now there’s something I will NEVER, EVER do! I would get hurt. Very hurt. One of my friends here convinced me to go with her to one of the meetings and I found it interesting. I told a friend back home that I was thinking about playing racquetball and she laughed. It kind of made me determined to show her that I can do something different than what I’ve done before. I ended up joining the team with my friend from here (just to try it out). It’s really fun actually, very fast. Though I’m not to the point where I actually look like I know what I’m doing, I’m learning. I’ve met a bunch of nice people who are willing to help. I enjoy it a lot and I’m sure I’ll be playing next year too. Plus, I haven’t been hit by the ball yet, so that’s something I’m pretty proud of!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good post here. Yes, racquetball. No better way to spend up calories, indeed. Nice to see you trying new things!
ReplyDelete